Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blackberries & Blackberry Muffins


In our backyard, I have neglected weeding and pruning the brambles near the fence.  So last month, I decided to clean it up and to my surprise we had a nice little blackberry patch.

After eating the berries straight off the bush, we saved a handful to make some muffins.

In my recipe binder, I have a blueberry muffin recipe written out on an old piece of paper.  I have no idea where this recipe originated but it has become a tried and true favorite.  I have adapted this recipe to accommodate the ingredients we had on hand to make blackberry muffins.



Blackberry Muffin Recipe


2 eggs slightly beaten
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup yogurt (we just happened to have blackberry yogurt in the fridge)
1 cup blackberries
Mix flour, salt, baking soda and sugar together in a large bowl.  In a separate bowl, mix eggs, oil, vanilla and yogurt.   Make a well in the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients.   Stir until mixed.  Fold in blackberries.   Spoon evenly into greased or paper lined muffin tins.
Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.