Monday, January 23, 2012

Buttonholes & Barbie Dresses


I was in heaven today making buttonholes on my new sewing machine.   I had been using my mother's older Pfaff and thought the 4 step buttonholer on that machine was great... but now the one step buttonholer on my new machine has me smiling ear to ear.

I can't believe how easy it is and now all my buttonholes will be uniform.  I had to add some buttons to my hanging laundry bag as the snaps kept coming undone (maybe if I emptied the bag out more often so it was not overstuffed and super heavy the snaps would have stayed shut).

After fixing the laundry bag, I took out my daughter's old holey stained skirt to make a barbie dress.   I had to make 2, one for each child.



I used seam bias tape for the straps.   Those snaps that kept coming undone on the laundry bag came in useful for the back of the dress.  (I will have to get some velcro one of these days.)   My sewing skills on the first one were not the best but the girls never seemed to notice.



The second dress turned out better as seen on my model below:



The fabric on the skirt was just too cute to throw away or turn into a rag.  I am glad I was able to upcycle the skirt into some cute barbie doll clothes for the kids.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, Barbie is glad you didn't turn that fabric into a rag too. She looks so cute in her new dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.