Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fresh Baked Bread

Is there anything better than the smell of baking bread?   Maybe biting into the first slice that is spread with butter and your favorite jam.  Yum!

I am starting to venture into the world of bread baking since home made bread puts most store bought breads to shame.  I still buy bread from our favorite bakery when I don't have a chance to make it at home.

I have been trying a couple of different recipes from one printed on the back of the Rogers flour bag to a basic good bread recipe out of a Canadian Living cookbook.  And as far as kneading the dough, well... I let my kitchen aid mixer do all that hard work.  If I had to knead bread by hand, I know I would not be making it at all.  But it might give me a good workout.


PS. That big black blob in the background of one of the photos is our dog basking in the sunshine.  It is a nice change to have the sun out again.

1 comment:

  1. These loafs look yummy Cindy! Wow. I love that you can use your kitchen aid. May have to try that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.