Monday, March 19, 2012

Egg Heads

Spring is almost here!  But why is it snowing during Spring Break?!! We have been disappointed with the cold weather.

But overall the sun is starting to shine more,  the grass is starting to grow, and Easter is approaching.  The sun, grass and eggs remind me of a craft the kids did last year.   I am not sure what you would call it but here are the steps for this egg-cellent craft for kids.   I guess it is a DIY version of a Chia Pet.
  1. Collect some egg shells with just the top off (rinse out and air dry)
  2. Draw a face with a permanent marker
  3. Fill with dirt
  4. Add some grass seeds
  5. Water
  6. And watch the "hair" grow
The egg stand was just a strip of craft paper that was rolled up into a ring and taped together.  The 'hair' started to grow after a few days.


linking to:
skip to my lou
Debbiedoos
keeping it simple

3 comments:

  1. Found your blog via the Blog Hop. I’m your newest GFC follower!
    http://our-reflection.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I thank you for joining my newbie party. Enjoy it, and go make some friends off the list..you will be glad you did.
    http://debbie-debbiedoos.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.